Wednesday, September 12, 2012

first signs of fall



Crisp fall winds bring energy, renewed ambitions and fresh starts.  Even when I'm not going back to school, fall is a time of renewed intentionality.  For me that often means planning or organizing of some kind, but this year is different.  

I feel the urgency of the present.  Motherhood impresses on me how fleeting life is.  My girl grows.  Every day she fixes her earnest gaze on some new wonder -- a shadow or her own hand.  She challenges me to open my own eyes, to see her, to see the first red leaves of fall and know that they mean something that I don't fulling understand.

He has made everything beautiful in it's time.  He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.  I know there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live.  Ecclesiastes 3:11-12
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment